Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Egg Head



We are off tomorrow for Good Friday. I'm a little disappointed in myself for not having the boys easter baskets all ready to go and the house decorated and such....but we've had a lot going on, so I try not to be too hard on myself. We have been talking and talking about what easter is about. And then I think, we get so excited about Christmas and all the hoopla....but Easter is really where it's at for us Christians.
The two pics are of super cute little boy ties and bow ties from etsy. I bought something similar for my two munchcins, but Mr. Niedecken wasn't too keen on the idea. We'll see. They are pretty stinking cute!


Does anyone have fabulous easter traditions? I would love to hear about them, and possibly use them with our sweet little family. The only thing we do regularly is dye easter eggs, have a good hunt, and go to church. That seems pretty light on traditions when I actually write it down. Considering the magnitude of the holiday and all.


Happy Easter and Weekend to you all.


A

2 comments:

  1. Annie, We do the resurrection eggs which are fun and you can get them at the Christian bookstore. I know Kate does something with baking bread which symbolized the empty tomb I think...you would have to ask her! Sounds like you are doing all that you need to do! Love Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did resurrection cookies this year....Hannah enjoyed it ( I just found a recipe online)....this is the first year we've done something besides egg hunts and going to church. we also spent some time this week reading Hannah's Bible (for kids) that has stories about Palm Sunday, the Last Supper, Crucifixion and Resurrection.....she has learned about some of them in her class at church and is full of questions!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...