Friday, June 17, 2011

Ode to Dads

My bro, dad, and husband...what a crew of awesome men!




Teaching Ben how to skip rocks, so very important conversations being had



Today is my Dad's 60th birthday. We call him Poppy. I can't believe he is 60 today...it makes me ache a little realizing his humanity. He is such a great man and father. He's a beekeeper, sailer, and serious lover of nature. He loves me and my little family from the depths of his soul. I love his hands....they are so strong and soft at the same time. I love how he can tell me he loves me from across the room with a look. I love that he has loved me unconditionally through all the years and has taught it to me and my husband-to hopefully pass it to our boys. I love that he has passed on the trait of fixing everything with a spot of glue to me.




On a parallel note, I just wanted to thank my Mr. N for keeping me so grounded....for my head is usually in the clouds if it weren't for him. Thank you for being the ying to my yang. You are such a great father and leader of our little family. I know the boys love and adore you, as well as I do. Thank you for leading our family in such a gentle Godly way. You are my rock.


Happy Father's day to all the dads out their, and Happy Birthday Poppy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...