Thursday, August 25, 2011

Gigi to the rescue








My son Ben just got back from "vacation" with my parents, Gigi and Poppy. Let me just tell you that he was over the moon with excitement to have time with them without Sam, John, or I. They swam, made awesome crafts, watched movies, fished, feed ducks, played with sparklers, and so much other merriment. The best thing though, in the whole wide world, is that my mom got Ben to try new foods!


Ben is not one to like anything other than chicken nuggets, pizza, ravioli, mac n cheese, and other kid fare. He used to only eat bananas and corn. That's was it. I was often up making dinner for Sam, a different meal for Ben, and yet another for John and I. Thus, I NEVER got to sit down to eat. I felt like the Christmas Story mom, "She hasn't had a hot meal in ten years..."


So, my mom is absolutely my all time hero for fighting this battle for me. I was just done with trying. I had given up. She did it though....he now tries everything! Watermelon, grapes, raisins, strawberries, hamburger helper, hot dogs, meat balls, everything! It's amazing. I'm so very thrilled and thankful for Gigi (aka Gee). It was by far the best. gift. ever. I get to sit down with my men, and pray, eat, and discuss our day. Wow, what a difference.


Thank you Gigi for loving my boys. Thank you for all the wiping of boogers, bottoms, and various other areas that only a mom will do. Thank you for all the laundry, toy pick ups, cities built, meals prepared, snuggles given, games played, and teeth brushing. Thank you for teaching me how to be a better mom. Thank you for showing me unconditional love always and forever. Thank you for being my very best friend and loving me through it all. Hugs and kisses, A


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...