Monday, January 30, 2012

Comparing to Others

So I've been convicted. I think the main reason why I keep thinking about closing out the blog is because I compare. I compared my blog to other ones...and thus myself to other women out there. Why you might ask would I do this to myself? Because I'm crazy like that. It's torture. I should absolutely not do that. But, when I see that only a measly eight people read my blog in a day, I think, man....I'm really not interesting then.

I have since realized that it absolutely doesn't matter. I do not blog full time. I do not have sponsors. I do how ever have a full time job and two little dudes and an outstanding Mr. Niedecken. This is all I can handle. Yes, there are other people that can do it all, and I am not one of them. I seem to have so much grace for others, but none for myself. So, for today, I plan to extend grace to myself. I am enough.

In addition, it has been said lately by a few of my sweet friends that you think I'm supermom. Let me reassure you that I am absolutely not. I hate doing dishes, I have Melly, the most amazing cleaning lady so that I don't have to. I do laundry and don't fold it. Right now there is probably a wet diaper in Sam's room, yesterday's bottle, all beds unmade, and stuff is probably everywhere. I forget things all the time and Ben tells me this. I lost my freaking phone today! Boo. Thus, for all the other sweet ladies out there with the same affliction as me, let's all stop comparing shall we?

3 comments:

  1. Love your post. Keep it real, girl, keep it real. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're keeping the blog. Love checking in on you and your thoughts and happenings. MISS YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...