Monday, February 6, 2012

Graduation Day

Today is graduation for many of my sweet students. Many of them worked full time while going to school, or are parents, or are homeless, or just have no one to support and love them.  I am so very proud of each and everyone of you!  You did it!  Hip, hip hooray for you!

Then I started thinking about who and where I was on my graduation from high school. It was my 18 birthday.  I thought I was going to go to Texas A&M and take the world by storm.  I wanted to be a veterinarian.  Reality set in my first year at college.  I flunked stinking Biology and wasn't as smart as I thought I was (it didn't help that I never went to class).  My roommates didn't like me and I moved out (I was too happy for them).  I thought I was broken.  If I was to tell my 18 year old self something....I would say just go with the flow and live in each and every moment that we call life.  Love with all that you are. Don't fear failure.  It will happen. Just keep going!

I am now a crazy science high school teacher and mother of two amazing boys. I would have NEVER thought this would happen, but it did!  Who'd have thought it.

PS. Pray for Mr. Niedecken tonight, he's in charge of the boys and doing all those mama things.  He will rock it like a hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...