Friday, March 2, 2012

Different Prespective

I'm weird because....
I like the smell of skunks and fresh plastic
I like to watch alot of UFC and shoot guns
I have dissected more animals than I would like to discuss (science teacher)
my hair grew in curly at puberty and changed again when I gave birth
I've been told I dance like a black lady
I didn't even know I was white until grade school

I'm good at....
loving others where they are at
usually being non-judgemental
being a momma
making stuff
feeding people

I'm not good at...
driving (ask Mr. N or Nicole)
dishes
cooking (kind of doesn't go with wanting to feed people)
history
folding laundry
giving myself grace

I'm excited about ...
going to heaven
seeking the kingdom
our little corner of the world
living my life with Mr. N
watching my babes grow
spreading the light of Jesus around the world

I'm sad because...
this is a hard world to live in
that there is so much pain
I can't protect my children from everything

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.   (2 Corinthians 12:9)

I guess I should view my "weaknesses" as a blessing!   Instead of being hard on myself for not being a good cook, or a good housekeeper, or for losing my patience, I should dwell in Him.   This was my daily bible verse on my very smart phone.  I thought it was perfect for this week!  I plan to intentionally stop my ungraceful thoughts of myself.  Say, "STOP" you crappy not nice person in my head.  You are not welcome here!  Easier said than done huh?  Wish me luck. Love, A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...