Thursday, March 22, 2012

Missions

You know how everything you see these days has some kind of mission statement?  I was thinking, what is my mission in life?  Is it to just be a good person?  Or is it to do something greater?  How do I plan to accomplish this?  At the end of my life...is it the accumulation of my deeds or an overall feeling I gave someone?  Is it just believing in Christ?  Or is it actually WALKING the walk and talking the talk?  When I am at His feet, what transgressions that I have done will be before me?  Could I have done more good?  Could I have loved more? 

All these thoughts are obviously along the same lines of living intentionally. And this is what I've decided....

I will strive to reflect grace, truth and love of Jesus Christ in my heart, in my home, in work, inside & outside the church & in the world.  Let God's Light in my heart SHINE brightly.  

I absolutely adore this picture because it reminds me to become like a child again...in my faith, in my heart, and in my love for Jesus. How precious is that face!

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are! The reason the world doesn't know us is that it did not know Him.  Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known.  But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.  Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure. 1 John 3: 1-3

In becoming like a child I will pray today to not be fearful of getting hurt, or what people will think of my strange child-like faith.  I will be at peace in Him.  Just for today, and hopefully everyday to come.  Hugs, A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...