Friday, March 2, 2012

Shine Project

Do you ever come across that idea that you were like, "I should have thought of that!"  Well, I did this week.

Her name is Ashley and not only is she gorgeous, but has amazing ideas about how to live her life and spread the joy.  She has started this thing called the "Shine Project".  Here is an excerpt from her "about" page...



"In the dictionary, Shine is defined as:
1. to give forth or glow with light
2. to be bright with reflected light; glisten; sparkle.
3. to appear with brightness or clearness.
4. to excel

I believe that all of us possess talents, skills, and abilities that can
be used to literally change the world.
I believe that stepping out of your comfort zone to do hard things
is what gives meaning and happiness to life.

This is what The Shine Project is all about:
Going out of your comfort zone
to bring light to those who need hope.
The Shine Project emulates love, sacrifice, and
CHANGE.

 The Shine Project's purpose is to inspire you to live the highest quality of life obtainable,
and to motivate you to join our efforts in making this world a better place.
We have many events set up around the country, and would love for you to get involved!

The Shine Scholarship Project is a non-profit that was created by TSP
to put our beliefs in action.
Its mission is to improve the lives of at-risk teens through service, education, and family involvement.
We do service projects with inner city students every other week to teach them
the leadership skills that are necessary for them to succeed.
The money we raise goes to sending these leaders to college, so they can give back to society.
You can read more about how to get involved
HERE.

And go ahead, let the world see you SHINE."

I bought this shirt because it has my favorite quote on it and it's for a great cause.  You should totally pop over there and check it all out. She's pretty amazing!

I try to live my life like this, but I think that I need to be more intentional once again.  I can't just be all free nilly with my givings and heart you know? Yes, it's lovely when those things work out, but I want to truly make the world a better place in all aspects.  I want the light within me to shine bright to light the way for others.  In my job as a teacher of at-risk studens, I can do lots of this, but I can't be all....hey, I'm nice, supportive, and feed you because Jesus hangs out in my heart! I think I need to come up with a plan and include my children in on it. Suggestions are welcome!

Hope your weekend is full of hot baths, wine, fun projects, and little kid giggles.  Have a great one my lovelies, A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...