Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Thoughts on Faith Today

It was a rough yesterday.....I'll be honest.  Someone in my life lied to me ferociously and deliberately. I had extended my heart to help, pray, and love them and they lied for no reason. It rocked me a bit.  It made me question my child-like faith. It made me fearful and not wanting to trust and love and shine.  It made me want to pull back on the reigns.

But God screams out to me...Trust MeOnly Me. Let Me fix those things.  Do you not think I am big enough to fix it?

Then I think....who do I think I am?  Thinking I can fix it?  I am no one compared to God. God is awesome and amazing. 

He said to me....Step Back Annie.  I got this. Rest in me.

Then my mind wanders a bit more....and I think of that song "All of Me".  It says take all of me.  But, I'm still fearful to give God all of my heart. What if He asks me to do something scary?  What if I get hurt again?  I think I hold back still. I worry how people will judge me and my enormous heart.  How do I separate my job and heart, yet still stay professional? 

He doesn't promise me no pain.  But he does promise me freedom.  Am I really free to live and love with everything that is in me?  
Proverbs 1:33
But all who listen to me will live in peace,
untroubled by fear of harm.”

John 14:27
“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.

I'm working on it.  I'm a work in progress. Today, I will pray for discernment over what is good and worthy and protection over my family and heart.  Hope your day is filled with beautiful and joyful encounters. Hugs, A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...