Thursday, May 17, 2012

Awaken my soul

Free here
Do you ever think, "What else you got God?"  What else can He possibly throw my way this week?  Oh, I totally do!  This totally spoke to me...and I keep going back to it.  Makes me thankful for my problems instead of feeling crappy about them. 

Excerpt from "Jesus Calling" from April 26:
"Welcome problems as perspective lifters. My children tend to sleepwalk through their days until they bump into an obstacle that stymies them. If you encounter a problem with no immediate solution, your response to that situation will take you either up or down. You can lash out at difficulty, resenting it and feeling sorry for yourself. This will take you down into a pit of self-pity.

Alternatively, the problem can be a ladder, enabling you to climb up and see your life from My perspective. Viewed from above, the obstacle that frustrated you is only a light and momentary trouble. Once your perspective has been heightened, you can look away from the problem altogether. Turn toward Me. and see the Light of My Presence shining upon you."

That's some pretty profound stuff that I'll brew on for awhile.  Makes me feel actually grateful for my problems.  Nuts I know.  Love and hugs, A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...