Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Tuesday in the Houzze

Awkward:
  • Being in the front yard, playing go-fish with my two little men, and Sam decided it was high time to go say hi to our neighbors.  I thought he was hiding in the bushes, which he loves to do.  But nooooo.  I looked up, and here come my neighbors with little Sammy. Yep. That's guy's mine.  Needless to say, he wasn't in the bushes...he went and knocked on their door.  Do you know where your children are?
  • I had blackberry juice on my shirt today before I ever left the house.  My children weren't even involved in the discrepancy.  Some things never change.
  • Having water come out the side of our house while showering. Not a good sign people.
  • Growing my hair and bangs out.   Is it a bob?  Or a blob?
  • Sometimes when people laugh at me, and I'm not sure if they are laughing at me, or with me.  I kind of have to check myself.  You never know!
Awesome:
  • My sweet friend Allyson's baby shower rocked!  Hopefully, I will post pics later.
  • Being woken up to Mr. N singing our traditional Dutch "Happy Birthday song" for my birthday
  • Mango margaritas and naps
  • Having a past student get married in my wedding dress on my birthday!  Congratulations Sara and Brian!
  • Mr. N made me a cake, with frosting, and sparkler candles, and everything.  What a man!  Ladies, he is all mine, get your paws off.
  • Receiving comfy black reef flip flops that I don't have to break in like those stinking Rainbow flips. 
  • Having a student tell me, Mrs-I know you've been praying for me.  I feel it....it's changing my heart. Yahoo for God!
I love the weeks when I look back and mainly see Awesome, not totally awkward things I do.  Because, lets be honest here, I'm usually much more awkward than awesome!  Have a splendid day.  Love and kisses, A

3 comments:

  1. Love everything about this post!!! That is pretty awesome to have a student get married in your dress on your birthday! Congratulations to the newlyweds!! I hope that you guys are doing great and was it awkward meeting your new neighbors?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No...they know me very well! It was pretty funny though. I felt like a bad mama! Hope you like the teacher post too.

      Delete
  2. hahaha that's so funny! I think I need to start doing awkward/awesome posts! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...