Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Tuesday


Well, we FINALLY did it.  Thanks to our sweet neighbors, we had a garage sale.  Mr. N and I have been sitting on quite a bit of stuff due to our two moves and two downsizes.  It was so odd to see all our stuff sitting on tables and people going through our things.  Mr. N kept saying, "I can't believe she is selling that."  And I kept saying/thinking....just because I like this object, doesn't mean I have space for it, or use it.  If it just takes up space in our life and is not being used or loved-sell it!  So that's what we did.  I really liked the quote above because with two little men running around our home....I know that lots of the "things" I love will be broken.  And I think I'm okay with that today.  I want the memories with our little family instead.  We can't take the crap with us anyway.

Awkward:
  • Having a child run around the park in his boxer briefs barefoot
  • Staying in a brand new Motel 6.  I don't know how to explain it, it was just an awkward space.  Nothing in particular.....it was just odd.
  • Waking up to there being poop on the floor right by your side of the bed....with corn in it.
  • Having someone say something not-so-kind to me...and all I'm thinking is please don't punch them in the face.
  • Thinking something and it accidentally coming out of my mouth in public. 
Awesome:
  • Ikea rocks my socks
  • Garage Sale lovings, that almost covered our Ikea trip
  • Duck Dynasty show.  I laughed so hard I cried.
  • Mighty Fine Burgers, fries, and beer.
  • Those Margaritas you can put in the freezer that already have the alcohol in it, and you just stick your straw right in....who knew?
  • Having a random holiday off like Battle of Flowers
  • Testimony Sundays at Wayside
  • Having a snuggly Mr. Sam in my arms
  • Playing charades with Ben
  • Mr. N hanging our new light fixtures!  Hip, hip hurray for Mr. N!!
Have a great Tuesday my lovies.  I will try my best to, hugs, A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...