Monday, September 10, 2012

Drinking the Exercise KoolAid

We signed Benno up for a Tot Trot Run for this Saturday.  There are trophies involved and the boy loves to run!  We also signed Sam up for the Mommy/Daddy and Me Run for .75 mile.  You know what?  I stressed out a little thinking, "Can I run that?"  It turns out I can, but I was worried!

With this glorious weather....I got up and actually went for a walk.  Then thought....why not run?  While walking/running I thought all of my dear, sweet friends work-out.  I'm the only one that boycotts.  I do NOT like to workout.  I'm not a huge fan of sweating either.  I like to drink wine and watch Bravo.  Yes, that's right.  But, I do however want the look of a fit, in shape, svelte non-mama body.  And then, this damning photo was on pinterest....


If anything is going to convict me, a good pic will.  So, I'm starting sllllllooooowwwwllllyyy, and am only considering working out.  That's a step. Mr.N is a workout fanatic, you know opposites attract and all, but I think I might start due to all the health benefits and crap like that. 

While perusing Design Mom today....look what we found!  This is exactly what a mama like me needs to get her flabby bootay into gear.  It's coming to Austin....is anyone with me?

"Color Me Rad is super passionate about encouraging people to be active and have fun while doing it, and even donate a portion of the proceeds from each race to local charities. They started throwing color — non-toxic, non-rash inducing colored corn starch — on runners in April, and they’ve been in 13 cities across the U.S. and Canada since, with a lot more cities to go. Check out their schedule here. Each section of the run adds a new explosion of color to your white tee, and by the time you cross the finish line, you’re a veritable work of art!"



 “After 5K of color bombardment, we guarantee your outlook will be brighter, your boyfriend will be more affectionate, your girlfriend will be less needy, the hair on your head will grow back and the hair on your back will fall out, your black and white TV will turn into 720p HD (I know you were hoping for 1080, but we organize races, we’re not miracle workers), and your gray outlook will turn green like a spring morning.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...