Thursday, September 6, 2012

Just Keepin it Real

Sometimes, when someone comes over to my house or reads about our little life on this blog, I get asked, "How do you do it all?"  You know....get to work at 8, get the kids where they go with all their crap, keep a clean house, try to look cute, make jewels, etc.

Guess what?  I don't.  I have a cleaning lady, Melly, who is my sweet angel and comes every other week.  So, I don't really clean.  I'm just a good picker-upper.  She rocks my socks off, for reals.  Next, I have boys, thus, they don't always have to be all super cute and crap.  Tennis shoes, shorts and a tee all topped off with crazy kid hair.  That's it.  I don't waste bookoos of time working on how they look.

Next, I do as much as I can the night before.  Like pack lunches, take a shower, get dudes stuff together, etc.  If I can actually put it in the car I will.  One less thing for me to forget in the morning and I like to sleep as late as humanly possible and still make it on time.  Sometimes I really push it.  And much to my mothers dismay, I'm often found driving to work putting on my makeup.  (I'm trying to break this habit though.)  Lastly, Mr. N helps me way more now.  I finally had to say, "I need help!"  And guess what, he did.  It makes things so much easier!  I usually have to be close to breaking to actually ask for help, a major downfall of mine.  Ask sooner I say!

To make you feel better though, I'll share this.  You can just ask Mr. N or my children, I forget everything.  EVERYTHING.  Don't ask me about facts, because I won't know them.  I have to write it down or it will fly right on out of my sweet brain.  I leave the keys in the door, leave the milk out on the counter, I am skilled at wearing very dirty hair and making it look socially acceptable, I'm not a great cook (but working on it).  I am too sensitive sometimes, love junk food, leave the wash in the washing machine overnight so it stinks and watch too much Bravo while drinking wine.  So where do we go from here?  
From here, and we just bought it to remind ourselves, it was only $25 bucks!

Grace people.  GRACE.  I try really hard not to compare myself to others, because it's a major sin pattern that I do, and it just makes me feel like crap in the end.  It does no one any good.  Instead, I'm trying to celebrate other peoples awesomeness and learn from it.   So, don't think that everything looks all great and shiny, because everyone has crap behind the curtain they are trying to hide (we literally hide our dirty laundry behind a curtain! Ha!).  Everyone, and I mean everyone has their burden to carry.

I pray your Thursday is full of happy thoughts and less of the negative crapola.  Tomorrow's Friday!  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...