Friday, September 28, 2012

My children, not yours

As some of you might have seen on the "facebook" machine that I posted something sweet about Ben. Ben requires to be prayed over EVERY night before bed.  He will not rest unless this is done.  Well, last night after I prayed I opened my eyes to his arm raised up high to the heavens.  (Let me preface, I don't usually pray with arms up, unless I'm in the car by myself or filled with some serious spirit at church. He has never seen me do this.)  So I proceed to say, "Whatcha doing babe?". He replies without a breath, "Holding Jesus's hand".  For reals....that's my boy!  God loves children more than we could ever imagine.


Photo credit

It was the exact reminder that I needed. My children are not mine, they are His. As hard as I try to protect and provide for them, I can NOT do it alone.
I know another truth, as much as I think I love and adore my children, God loves them more.  And that kind of blows my little mind. 
Lastly, God sacraficed his one and only son that he adored on the cross for all my transgressions.  That's for real nuts and true.  Life changing stuff people.

One of the main books that has really helped me release my children into God's hands is Power of the Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian.  She discusses making a master prayer list and ask God how to pray for each child.  She literally covers all aspects of the childs life, past, future and present with prayer.   Which you could apply to anything.  I keep a prayer journal just to make sure that when I say, "I'm praying for you" that I actually don't forget to! 

I really like when Stormie prays "Lord, my son is the biggest 'care' I have, and I release him into Your hands.  Only You can raise him right and truly keep him safe. I will no longer strive to do it all by myself but will enter into full partnership with You."  Then she goes onto say, "If we're not positive that God is in control of our children's lives, we'll be ruled by fear."  I don't want to live like that.

I have adored trying to teach Ben and Sam all about Jesus and God and all the love that's out there for them.  I tell them to just let it shine and radiate right on out of them. We just have a great big love-fest over at house and need to remame our address....Love central


Pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord.
 Lift your hands toward Him for the life of your young children.
Lamentations 2:19


photo credit

Have a great weekend.  Give someone a hug. Really, really tight. Love, A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...