Friday, October 19, 2012

Our Coffee Date




Hello, welcome to our little coffee date!  How are you doing?  Come pull up a chair and get a yummy latte.  I love all those holiday lattes at Starbucks!  They are amazing and remind me of fall.  I hope today is treating you beautifully and that the light of sweet Jesus has touched you today.  I pray that you feel loved!

I would tell you that I have more teen moms than I've ever had in my entire 10 years of teaching.  They are hurting.  I'm think one might give the baby up for adoption instead of abortion....I'm so proud of her I could explode.  What's up with you these days?  How can I be praying for you?

The more I talk with my students, the more I realize the enormity of their problems.  So many are on their own at 17, 18 and 19.  They are just craving love and affection, from anyone.  They need people to just love them where they are at and help them along the way.  Sometimes I wish I could just yell at them, "God loves you so very much!!!  Please, see this!"  But, I'm a public school teacher, so my actions have to say it instead. 

I would share that I feel blessed every.single.day to have the food before me, the roof over my head, the clean water I can drink, the health of myself and my children.  Thank you sweet big J.

On a lighter note, I've just bought a new pair of shoes, we'll see if they are sticking around (free returns). They have to be comfy and go with the majority of my clothes, otherwise, they lose. 
Sole Society
They are $49 and calling my sweet name, but I had a heck of a time trying to order them. 
 I'm stoked about this weekend, one of my oldest friends is making the trek to see me.  I can't wait to get to just love on her.  I hope that you have a great rest of the day and that your weekend is full of naps, warm drinks, tight hugs and crappy magazines!  Love, A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...