Thursday, February 21, 2013

Crappy McCrapperson

Do you ever feel exhausted working for the kingdom?  Like, just give me a friggin break God, please?? I could really use a break.  Today, I gave a very generous, Godly gift out of prayer to a student.  There was no "thank you". 

No kiss my foot.  Nothing.  Someone even asked her to go tell Mrs. N thank you, and she didn't.  She walked out. I felt angry.  And frustrated and duped somehow.  How could someone be so unappreciative?  Doesn't she know what a gift that is?  It was not from me, it was from God.  As soon as I really let myself feel the weight of the emotion, the tears rolled down. (And then I'm embarassed.)

Then, I think...did I misunderstand God's voice?  I questioned my gift to her.  Should I have not given it?  Was she an unworthy person for the gift?  I started searching for my answers. And this is what I've found so far. 
Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to. {Deuteronomy 15:10}

In the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 3 For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, 4 they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the Lord’s people. 5 And they exceeded our expectations: They gave themselves first of all to the Lord, and then by the will of God also to us. {2 Corinthians 8:2-5}

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad we got to talk this day. it was good for me to experience it with you and learn from it also. i think that the ways that we don't find justice or gratitude or resolution here on earth just becomes a prize in heaven. you have many, sweet sister.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...