Tuesday, February 12, 2013

DUST

An old, sweet college friend, Mrs. Allison messaged me randomly to participate in a women's retreat that she was called to do, called DUST.  She called it DUST because of wanting to follow Jesus’s footsteps so closely that we are covered in His dust.

I, of course, said Yes!  I would love to be able to love on some college girls.  Well, let me just tell you this...the entire retreat was a miracle.  All the group leaders traveled to make it, one as far as New York.  We all left our kids behind with our husbands and blindly went to serve.

40 girls, plus all the leaders stayed in her home.  Yes, you heard me, I’m not joking.  We all slept there.  All meals were eaten there.  We were on schedule.  We did yoga twice!  We worshiped God and praised him gloriously.  The septic system held up, the weather was perfect....it was all so magnificently flawless.  Thank you Jesus.

Allison is the best speaker I’ve heard in ages.  She is engaging, emotional when she needs to be, eloquent, and can paint the perfect picture in your mind to match her point.  I just sat in awe of her.  I of course, can’t say it has awesome as she did, but I really liked these thoughts.

1.      Your name is etched on Jesus’s palm.  Really think about that….
2.      We need to live up to what we’ve already attained through Christ…meaning who God already insists that I am.
3.      God is going to do whatever it takes to increase my intimacy with Him.  Whatever it takes.
4.      God wants to return us to the creation we are.  That perfect, prized, grand finale creation.  His masterpiece.  He delights in us.

Each leader gave her testimony, and they were each so uniquely different.  We had each followed a completely different up bringing to get to where we are today.  I was planning on going in one direction for my testimony, and then of course, God tells me to go a completely different way.  I am scared…but follow.  The morning of my talk God tells me that the point was 1) you are enough and 2) give yourself grace.  It seemed to strike a chord with many girls, which is always God’s point…to get right to the heart of them.  I was only the vessel.  It seems like we can plan all day long, and God is just bigger than that.

We’ve all been attacked since serving, but God is bigger and better.   Thank you for thinking of me.  Thank you for letting me love on the girls.  Thank you for blessing me.  Thank you Ali for the experience of the weekend.  I am so very thankful that you listened, followed, and included me.  Thank you dearly.  I look forward to watching the DUST settle.

Tight hugs, a



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...