Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love

With Valentine’s Day on the horizon, I have been thinking a lot about love.  What is it to love with your whole heart all the time?  You know the unconditional, deep as the depths of the ocean kind of love?   The way Christ loves me kind of love.  Personally, it is trying to listen to each person that I encounter….and actually hear them.  To feel what they feel, to understand them….to accept them just as they are regardless of color, age, money, looks, or status.  To really notice and take in another human. 
 I like to feed and clothe people, which is ironic because I’m not a great cook.  But, I like to always take care of their basic needs, so that I then have a window into their heart.  It works I tell you!
Let me preface all this by saying, these are my goals.  I’m not always successful.  I get tired of fighting the fight.  I get downright exhausted…ask Mr. N.  I’m passing out on the sofa at nine pretty often.   But, it is amazing when I’m no longer concerned about my own crap.  My life, my kids, my wardrobe, my house, my job, my husband, my dog.  When I turn my eyes and heart toward another, either Christ or loving someone with my attempt of Christ love, most often only wonderful things happen-day after day. 
So go out there, and hug someone.  Get in uncomfortable situations that push the doors of the heart wide open.  Don’t get bogged down if you don’t get flowers, or jewelry, or have a significant other.  That’s not what it’s really about anyways.  The materials will pass, but the feeling you gave someone, will be remembered.  Just love and accept love.
Juicy kisses, xoxoxoxo, a

1 comment:

  1. thanks, annie. you're a lover for sure. so selfless. seth and i were talking in the car yesterday and we were saying how when you KNOW how captivating you are because you understand who you are in christ, that's when you give your gifts away. you're not trying to rack anything up then. not praise, not attention. you give those things away.. and then you TRULY become beautiful. you are one of the most people i have known. i mean it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...