Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Benno

My sweet child, Ben has been discussing some heavy stuff with me lately.  He told me, in his little man voice, "Mom, the only thing that matters in this world is that we survive, right?  Nothing else really matters in this world. Just to survive." 

I, of course, just kind of sit for a sec, not having a clue what to say.  Then, God in His infinite wisdom tells me (because without Him, I'm a frigging mess). 

I turn to Benno, and say no.  You have it wrong my son.  Love is all the matters.  Love for God.  God's love for you.  Our love for one another.  Love for strangers and others.  You love in your heart will radiate out of you....so people will know that you are a child of God.

This is all that matters.  Nothing else.

Yesterday, at the gro I picked up a 80 year old lady to take home.  She was in the process of calling a cab.  I thought, that's nuts to spend $25 on that....I will take you.  (She was frail, I could take her if I needed to! Ha!)  We headed to pick up Ben on the way.  She was hilarious!  She had two boys as well.  But, I think my very favorite part of the whole stinking thing was that Ben didn't miss a beat.  He was like, yep, that's what we do.  We help people.  He was a little shy talking in the back seat, but he spoke clear as a bell and shared about his day.   I am proud that he is my son.  I love that boy's heart. 

Now, I just need to pray to help prepare him for some of the not-so-great parts.  How do you do that?  How do you protect his heart, yet prepare him for the crappy parts.  Hopefully I will have some help.  Happy day to you and yours.  Go out and spread some love around like butter.  hugs, a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...