Friday, March 1, 2013

Hands




Do you ever look at your hands?  I mean, really look at them?  You can tell alot about a person by their hands.  Mine are not very attractive, but hard working.  I don't mean that in a negative sense either.  They just aren't girly looking.  My fingers are short, stubby and kind of fat.  But, I appreciate them tremendously...for all that they can do.  

I think of all the hard things they can do, like make jewelry, type, create things from scratch, wipe bums and noses, do the dishes with really hot water...you know, just be tough on them.   But, then I'm reminded of all the very tender moments with my kids....stroking their hair or playing with their little hands in the wee hours of the morning, massaging them with lotion after a bath, popping bubbles, pushing swings, all the sweet, adorable moments. 

This is what my life is made of.  Tight hugs....lots of lovings.  All those little moments strung together.  It doesn't seem to be the big stuff.  But as I look back over the week, month, year....all I seem to remember is the sweet feeling.  I am grateful for today. 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...