Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Grace

I'm a believer.  Obviously, if you read my blog often you would know this. If you are new to these parts...let me make it clear.  I luvs me some Jesus.  God is teaching me something new lately.  I have some non-believer friends whom I adore.  But, it is hard.  It's hard to hang out with them sometimes because I know that there is a humongous part of me that they don't get.  That I can't really share with them.  I hold back.

They humor me when I talk about God.   I believe they think I'm uneducated because I choose to love God and accept Jesus. 

I'm reminded that my own children go through tremendous growing pains before a big growth spurt.  Growing is painful in every way even as an adult.  I cried.  I prayed.  I kneeled.  I prayed.  Then, God gave me peace and answers.

To give grace to someone who doesn't believe, is very different from you, to accept them exactly where they are at is difficult. It is easier to hang out with other Christians of similar backgrounds because you have that basic foundation.  You don't have to hide your love for God.  You don't have to water it down.   You don't have to be uncomfortable.  You can let all your light and love flow on out freely.  But, that's not what Jesus calls us to do.  As the song says, jesus loves the least of us. 

God taught me this weekend what it looks like to love even more.  To give grace to my students has always been easy for me, but for some reason this was harder.  These ladies are my peers.  I'm learning to be loving, sympathetic and compassionate, and also when NOT to speak.  Which is mad hard for me.  I need to wait on the Lord for the perfect opportunity.  I will be patient.

Prayerfully and hopefully through just living my life as an example for them, they can get a glimpse of God's love.  Kids around our neighborhood love to be at our home, this is why.  I've had people wonder how Mr. N and I work, being that we are pretty opposite...God is why.  His love is miraculous.   I will be preparing for the day they ask me, I will be laying down the foundation in prayer. 

1 Peter 3:15 says "but in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord.  Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope you have.  But do this with gentleness and respect."

Tight, long, akward, and awesome hugs, a




2 comments:

  1. I love this post, Annie! Your life is a wonderful example of Jesus' love. You are so right about how much easier it is to stay within our circle of believers, and brave to know that God wants you to go outside that circle, even if it means being uncomfortable. Reminds me of something a dear friend's grandmother used to say: God is the enemy of comfortable, but the prince of peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachael. I love what you said about God is the enemy of comfortable. So true! I will need to remember that when I'm in the moment! Hugs, a

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...