Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The abundant life

Do you ever meet those women with the perfect bikini body, with their home professionally decorated with all the new trendy things, with their hair oh-so-lovely and just impeccably done at the salon, with their nails immaculately painted?  The get massages and facials often to keep themselves fresh.  Their children are usually clean, well behaved, wearing the latest trendy clothes. Their cars are tidy, new, and expensive. They go to their trainer while their nanny keeps their superior children.  They cook elaborate meals and go on fancy date nights with their handsome husband.  These women know how to vacation and do it often.

I know, I know.   It's nuts.  But I've met these ladies before.  Guess what?  They never, ever seem happy to me.  It blows my stinking mind.  I have absolutely none of the things that I listed above.  None.  Except the handsome hubs. 

When I ask my students what some of their goals are, they reply to have a fancy house with lots of money.  I quickly tell them, that money doesn't equate happiness.  Not at all.  The hole in your heart can not be filled with things. 

This is what I know to be true.  Those things are not joy.  They cannot fill the void in you.  Yes, they can make you happy, but only if you are happy on your own first.  If you are looking to this world to make you happy, you will be severely disappointed.  Don't get me wrong, this girl loves to shop.  But that "happiness" is fleeting and not joy.  Don't mistake the two. 

It saddens me to see people day after day, rushing through their lives, searching...searching for the quick fix to finally make them happy.  Let me tell you this.  You can not find it here.  What you can see in this world, it's fleeting.  It's only what's in the heart.  So, my lovelies, today, while I'm perusing pinterest and blogs, thinking of new and better things, I will be grateful.  Grateful for my health, my children's health, my sweet husband, our home, my family.  I will be grateful for the food in my fridge and clean drinking water.  I will not wish for any more of anything.   For I truly live the abundant life.





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...