Thursday, August 22, 2013

The battle

Well, I'm back at work.  What a summer!  Why-o-why does it just seem to fly away?  Monday was my first day back, getting ready for the students next week, and while at lunch I overheard a little boy and his mom in the next stall.  My heart broke right there.  Right now my sweet mom is keeping my babies, but next week someone else will be wiping his bum and hugging my little men.  Boo.

I instantly go into a whirlwind of "should I work or not work outside the home?"  I know that most moms go through this dilemma.  I also know that most men do not understand the amount of guilt that a woman can carry.    I am well versed in guilt.

Thus, a battle ensues in my sweet brain as you can imagine.  Dear Reader, do you work?  Do you have peace about it?

This always seems to happen....so I've been praying for sweet God to give me a subtle hug that I am indeed doing what He wants me to do.  I phoned a past student, Ms. Sara to check in with her, and her number had changed.  The very next day, I got a text from her and got to speak with her.  She asked if I ever considered stopped working.....and I said yes.  Sara then proceeded to tell me that she wouldn't be alive without me.  That I changed her life and now she adores some Jesus.

Whoa mama.

Thank you Sara for answering my prayers whether you knew it or not.  I needed to know that I'm doing my Godly calling by working.  Thank you dearly.

If you normally read here, you know that I'm a science teacher of at-risk seniors trying to graduate high school and run the teen-mom group.  To get you ready for school again, I thought you might enjoy this awesome video!  I posted it to my facebook status, but since it's such a great one, thought I would double time it.  Happy, happy day to you and yours.....hugs.



1 comment:

  1. I do work. Currently 3 days a week, but gearing up to be full time for a while. To be honest, I hate it. I know the grass is always greener, but I also know that my baby is getting ready to turn 3 & go to preschool & I have always worked. I long to be home with my babies. I have the rest of my life to work, and while yes, as a CPA, I will lose a lot of time & probably have to start over, but oh well. I only have this time to be a mom to my littles. So I am going full time for 9-12 months so we can save money so I can quit for a year or two & just be home. Work will be there when I get back, but my babies will not. Rest assured I know not every mom has the desire to be home. But I do. Just not the means right now. So we are making a short term sacrifice for a long term gain. I also think it's a bit easier for me, since, unlike yours, I have very little "kingdom value" to my work. And since I work remotely from home, I cannot even impact my coworkers lives for the kingdom, bc I don't actually work with them. So, for me, it's not a hard decision. I work right now b/c I have to, but praying like crazy & taking steps that I won't have to for at least a little while before both my kids are in school.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...