Thursday, September 26, 2013

Brewing

From Jess
I've been brewing on this for a bit....hence the long silence on my end.  What is there in my daily life that just takes up space and time but doesn't ultimately move me closer to my goal of living more intentionally and serving God?

I'm reading a new book called "Seven" by Jen Hatmaker who for seven months gives up seven different areas of excess in her life.  I also just read my sweet friend Allison's blog on On Eve and Eden about ditching Facebook.  I am convicted. Let's be real though.  I'm officially stirred up.  My heart is anxious with the thought of fasting anything.  No coffee?  I start to sweat at the thought.

I don't like to be uncomfortable.  If anything, I am the comfort queen.  If my shoes hurt, I will give them away.  No joke.  In bible study I've been pouring over the book of Matthew, and in chapter 6, Jesus tells us about our possessions and fasting.  It got me thinking....what do I ultimately treasure?  If you glimpsed at my day, what would my actions prove to you that I treasure?

I know in my heart that I treasure my relationship with God, my husband and children, my family, and my friends.  I relish loving on others and lifting them up.  I adore serving.  BUT....I fear my time would tell you that I like pinterest, facebook, style blogs a bit more than I should.  Not the picture I'm wanting to paint in my heart for God.  And that is ultimately what I will be judged on....not how witty my facebook status is, or how well I decorated my house, or how cool I can possibly dress.

Matthew is all about producing good fruit.  Am I?  Of is my fruit just rotten and full of disgusting holes??  Matthew discusses over and over about refining you, removing the chaff from the wheat.  I think I'm finally ready.

I don't know what it will look like.  If I'll follow Jen Hatmakers path, or if I'll get off Facebook.  I do however know that something needs to change.  In my heart, in my time, with my food choices, with my money, with every blessing I'm given.  But I do know this....

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else and live righteously and he will give you everything you need.  
Matthew 6:33





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...