Wednesday, April 16, 2014

More Issue Than Vogue

I am a people pleaser by nature. I have to fight it though, every single day.

Today, a fellow teacher came into my room and asked me a question. I just wasn’t understanding and am not sure if I agreed. As I was trying to understand, he kind of stormed out of my room quite frustrated with me. Of course, I can feel this ugly black beast of a thing start to well up inside….it says, “He is unpleased with you. He’s mad at you. He thinks you stink. Blah, blah, blah.”

I walked back to his room to smooth things over, and said, “I’m sorry if I misunderstood” and he immediately cut me off and said just drop it. Now I KNOW he’s pissed. Awesome. Happy Wednesday to me.

This is obviously not the first or last time I will make someone angry. If you are my friend, I warn you of this fact all the time. I will mess up….just wait for it. It will happen. Hopefully you will have grace for me, otherwise we won’t be friends very long.

This is also not the first time that a coworker has gotten mad at me for no real reason. It is not my issue. It is not my battle to fight. In that moment though, I have to fight every “human” cell in my being to make things better with this angry individual. But, God whispered, “Please me. Only me. It’s not about you Annie.”

I have plenty of issues, but other peoples issues are not mine to carry. As my sweet friend says, “They aren’t in my knapsack.” I don’t have to carry that for you. Mine is heavy enough!

Obviously, I'm not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ's servant. Galatians 1:10

Happy Wednesday my dear readers. Thanks for stinking with me. Hugs, a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...